BIM (Building Information Modeling) contains all architectural, structural, mechanical properties of a building as digital objects and representations in one single, central data model. The data from all departments are stored and updated here.
As a result, precise information regarding construction and lifecycle costs can be achieved.
The advantages of BIM:
- better 3D visualizations and even walk-throughs in your model
- a problem free design and building process due to a collision-free 3D model
- faster project development
- building cost predictions and even lifecycle cost predictions, hence better basis for clients and designers decisions
- easier and faster changes of the project
- automated generation of the project documentation
- basis for later certifications and facility management